While STANFORD BAIRD can provide unique design and full oversight and construction documents, there are several recurring services, such as:
Using the client’s design ideas, STANFORD BAIRD will provide any level of drawings required to obtain the necessary building permits and inform the contractor as to the construction of the building. These types of projects typically include a dimensioned floor plan, roof plan, and exterior building elevations. Additional drawings can include a site plan, foundation plan, kitchen/bathroom interior elevations showing cabinet layouts or any other drawings specific to individual projects.
REAL ESTATE TRANSACTIONS
Mr. Baird provides consulting services during real estate transactions for both commercial and residential properties. Whether initiated by a seller, potential buyer or mortgage lender, when there is an identifiable concern with any aspect of building or site technology, Mr. Baird is often asked to address specific items. Frequently, it is a comment or observation noted on an appraisal on or general building inspection report that initiates a question. STANFORD BAIRD makes these consultations a priority.
PHASE I GEOTECHNICAL INVESTIGATIONS
Mr. Baird will observe the excavation of test pits and, if necessary, obtain soil samples for testing by an independent laboratory. For most projects, a Phase 1 study is sufficient to make recommendations for the design of the foundation system. If complicated soil conditions are discovered, a Phase II study may be warranted with the Phase I study used as a basis for defining any additional information that may be required.
- Geotechnical – STANFORD BAIRD‘s Phase I Geotechnical Reports include recommendations for the construction of the foundation systems. Using the design drawings for the project, foundation loads are calculated and recommendations made for foundation parameters such as wall footing widths and column footing sizes.
- Foundation Design
- Full construction drawings for foundation systems and retaining walls.
- Specializing in Shallow, Frost-protected foundation systems.
- Beams and Columns – Often times a builder needs just a beam and/or columns to span a length not covered by typical building code tables.
- Many projects require a Site Plan to obtain a building permit.
BUILDING CODE REVIEW